Microfinance Country Information
- News Item: "Easy credit helps rural women find their feet"
- Newsletter: COMMON INTEREST, a quarterly newsletter on Microfinance in Nepal.
- Micro-Insurance: An essential financial service for the low-income households
- Women’s Empowerment Program in Nepal - Jeffrey Ashe and Lisa Parrot
- Rural Finance in Conflict Environments - Experiences from Nepal's Small-Farmer Cooperatives Limited (SFCL) - Armin Hofmann and Helmut Grossmann
- Institutional Reform and the Informal Sector (IRIS) in Nepal
- World Neighbours - TSS Project
- Small Business Promotion Project (GTZ)
- Asia Resource Centre for Microfinance (ARCM): Nepal Microfinance Country File
Statistics on Informal/Traditional Credit Markets
ICM References for Nepal
Shares of Formal and Informal Credit in the Rural Sector (1982):
Formal Sources: 42.9 %
Informal Sources: 57.1 %
Money Lenders (2.1%); Semi-professional Money Lenders (64.2%); Friends and Relatives (32.5%); Others (1.2%)
Source: Nepal Rastra Bank, "An Evaluation Study of Small Farmers Development Projects of Nepal, 1982".
Hari Srinivas - email@example.com
Return to the Case Studies page
Return to the Virtual Library on Microcredit