- FADES: Fundacion de Apoyo al Desarrollo, a credit institution in Bolivia that brings together 150 production associations representing 12,000 persons. By setting up a network between technical consultants, Bolivian government agencies, and other organizations, FADES processess project proposals for loan requirements from these associations and assists them in realizing the different needs to set up the credit system.
FADES, Heroberto Gutierrez 2412, 3 piso, Casilla 14927, La Paz, Bolivia
Fax: (+59-12) 39 1471
- FEE: Fondacion Eugenio Espejo has adopted an integrated apporach for two areas: health and education, and support microenterprises. The FEE manages a line of credit which consists partly of its own personal contributions and partly of external contributions. 17,000 microenterprises have been supported by FEE.
FEE , vaca Galindo 714y Noguchi, Aparto Aereo, 4557, Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Fax: +(593-4) 440 029
- FHAF: The Fonds Haitien D'Aide a la Femme began its operations with a WWB loan guarantee programme in 1983. Using additional funds from IADB and local banks, FHAF operates a co-financing system, where members open bank accounts, and is responsible for its repayment directly to local banks. Its services include client identification and screening, loan analysis, loan approval and follow-up, training and management assistance etc.
FHAF, B.P. 15065, Petion-Ville, Haiti
Fax: +(509) 462-165
- FIE: Centro de Fomento a Inciativas Economicas has been providing direct credit to microenterprises with an aim to help micro-producers who do not have access to the national financial system. Thu, problems of lack of adequate liquid assets, and resources needed for investment are overcome. Promotion through networks, field visits, training evaluation and monitoring encompases its programmes.
FIE, Canada Strongest n 1517, Casilla 7524, La Paz, Bolivia.
Fax: +(591) 391 772
- FINCA: Foundation for International Community Assistance
(FINCA)'s mission is to support the economic and human
transformation of families trapped in severe poverty.
This transformation is accomplished through the creation
of "village banks," which are peer groups of 20-50
members -- predominantly women -- who receive three
critical services: 1) working capital loans to finance
self-employment activities, 2) a safe place to accumulate
savings and 3) mutual support for personal growth. FINCA
loans are backed by "moral collateral," i.e. the
collective guarantee of all members for each other.
FINCA's global mandate is to help the poor help
themselves, not by waiting for someone else to employ
them, but by creating their own jobs through
FOUNDATION FOR INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE,
1101 14th Street, NW,
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: (202) 682-1510
Fax: (202) 682-1535
- Foundation for the Development of Polish Agriculture
- Contact Address
UL Czerniakowska 73/79
Warsaw, Poland 00 718
Judith Symonds, Executive Director
- FUNDA-PRO: The Fundacion para la Produccion (FUNDA-PRO) is a Bolivian private,
non-profit organization. Its primary goal is to contribute to Bolivian
development, by promoting productive sectors (both urban and rural). Its
major tool is easing access to credit. FUNDA-PRO is particularly devoted to supporting microenterprises and small
businesses. It works as a second-storey bank, granting loans to banks
(BancoSol, BHN-Multibanco, Banco La Paz) or NGOs (LAAD, PRODEM, PRO-CREDITO,
FIE, SARTAWI) that deal with microenterprises or small businesses.
FUNDA-PRO currently manages a portfolio of $US11.000.000.
FUNDA-PRO also promotes research on a wide range of topics that include
rural savings, interest rates, women's access to credit, etc.
Casilla 10796 - La Paz - Bolivia
Tel: 591 - 2 - 411139
Fax: 591 - 2 - 415119
- Fundusz Mikro: By making loans to small businesses Fundusz Mikro provides finance to the economy in a manner which ensures the quickest and the most visible impact for local communities such as job creation, expansion of local trading relationships, development of local services etc. This leads to a better understanding and acceptance of the rules of the market economy, as well as to the creation of positive examples of enterprise. Fundusz Mikro procedures emphasize preventative action to ensure timely repayment of loans rather than recovery of bad debts.
- Contact Address
UI. Poznanska 16 M. 3
Rosalind Copisarow, President
- FONCAP SA:
The national apex institution in Argentina.
Contact Person: Juan Pena, Exec. Vice President,