View UNEP's Atlas of Our Changing Environment on Google Earth
(If you already have Google Earth installed on your computer skip to step #5.)
To download and install the Google Earth Browser:
- Go to the Google Home page http://www.google.com/
- Click the link “Get Google Earth” in the upper right hand corner of that page.
- Save the program to a location on your computer.
- Navigate to where you saved the download and double click the icon – the Google Earth install wizard will walk you through the rest.
If you already have Google Earth installed on your computer:
- Under Layers (below the green bar in the bottom left corner) click the triangle icon next to “Featured Content”
- Click the box next to the blue UNEP icon.
- A series of 100 icons will appear all over the globe.
- Click any one of these once to see a “popup” with a description of the site.
- Click the link “Overlay images on Google Earth” in the lower left corner of the popup to see the images on the Google Earth virtual globe surface.
- Click on the link “View more information” to go to the UNEP webpage for the site
A verion of the Atlas can also be viewed on UNEP's website