Contribute to the Gateway
GDRC welcomes contributions to the Sustainable Tourism Gateway. There are no restrictive criteria for submission of documents, as long as it fits in, or is related to, the overall theme of sustainable tourism. Case studies and country profiles are particularly welcome.
Copyright is usualy a sticky point, and where intellectual properties need to be protected, custom messages can be included into contributed articles, including email addresses, to contact the author for permission to reproduce. Contributors are also encouraged to submit abstracts, reviews, previews or excerpts in cases where copyrights may be infringed. Notes on on-going field work are also welcome.
The user audience of GDRC's programmes is broad, from students and professors, through professionals and technical experts, to NGO staff and government officials. The submitted text has to therefore appeal to this breadth of audiences!
When submitting documents, the following guidelines will help:
- Keep the text non-teachnical and relevant to a broad range of readership in developing and developed countries. Avoid abbreviations and terms that may not be clear to others. Spell out names of organizations.
- Editorial changes may be necessary sometimes, and this will be discussed with the contributor before it is published on the Gateway.
- Let us know how long the information will remain current. (E.g.: For a conference, what is the last day for registration? For a book, when will it be launched?). If you would like the document to be removed after a specific time period, please let us know of this too.
- Include a URL or email address that readers can go to for more information. Make sure the URL/email address is correct and is expected to remain available for at least a few months.
- Specify a source for the information where applicable, including references and interesting websites where applicable.
- Send submissions to GDRC's coordinator, Dr. Hari Srinivas at email@example.com.
Have you something interesting to share? Or written something related to sustainable tourism? Then share it with a wider audience on the Gateway!
Comments and suggestions on addition of resources are welcome!
Please send an email to Dr. Hari Srinivas at firstname.lastname@example.org