There are essentially five 'C's that need to be taken into account in developing water management policies:
- Commitment. The political will to achieve effective implementation is indispensable on the part of those taking part Eboth in public and private sector.
- Content. Policies must be meaningful Eespecially the poor and marginalized in developing countries.
- Cooperation. Water management need to be prepared with the full involvement of the stakeholders concerned.
- Checking. Monitoring of implementation and of results is essential Ewith all stakeholders involved.
- Communication. Successful communication includes reporting to the public on results, as well as listening to feedback.