- Collaborative Learning:
- An instruction method in which learners work in groups toward a common
- Critical-thinking Items:
- Items that involve analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of the concepts.
- Drill-and-Practice Items:
- Items that pertain to factual knowledge and comprehension of the concepts.
- Formal learning groups
- Teams established to complete a specific task, such as perform a lab experiment, write a report, carry out a project, or prepare a position paper. These groups may complete their work in a single session or over several weeks.
- Individual Learning:
- An instruction method in which learners work individually at their own level
and rate toward an academic goal.
- Informal learning groups
- Ad hoc temporary clusterings of learners within a single session.
- Study teams
- Long-term groups with stable membership whose primary responsibility is to provide
members with support, encouragement, and assistance in completing a learning session's requirements and assignments.