Grameen Bank, Bangladesh
The 16 Decisions of Grameen Bank
- We respect the four principles of the Grameen Bank - we are disciplined, united, courageous and workers - and we apply them to all our lives.
- We wish to give our families good living standards
- We will not live in delapidated houses. We repair them and work to build new ones.
- We cultivate vegetables the whole year round and sell the surplus.
- During the season for planting, we pick out as many seedlings as possible.
- We intend to have small families. We shall reduce our expenses to a minimum. We take care of our health.
- We educate our children and see that they can earn enough money to finance their training.
- We see to it that our children and homes are clean.
- We build laterines and use them.
- We only drink water drawn from a well. If not, we boil the water or we use alum.
- We will not accept a marriage dowry for our son and we do not give one to our daughter at her marriage. Our centre is against this practice.
- We cause harm to no one and we will not tolerate that anyone should do us harm.
- To increase our income, we make important investments in common.
- We are always ready to help each other. When someone is in difficulty, we all give a helping hand.
- If we learn that discipline is not respected in a centre, we go along to help and restore order.
- We are introducing physical culture in all centres. We take part in all social events.
- Grameen Bank booklets
Return to the Grameen Bank Page
Hari Srinivas - email@example.com
Return to the Virtual Library on Microcredit