- Canopy walkway
- A constructed bridge walkway through the tree tops of a forest.
- Conservation enterprises
- Income generating activities that focus on conserving natural resources and ecosystems.
- A dynamic complex of plant, animal, fungal and microorganism communities and their associated non-living environment interacting as an ecological unit.
- Responsible travel to natural areas which conserves the environment and sustains the livelihood of local people.
- Ecotourism activities
- Activities included in a tour that are designed to entertain clients and are coordinated by a professional guide or interpreter. Over 80 activities have been listed for ecotourism, such as birdwatching, hiking, diving, kayaking, participating in cultural events, photography, and mountaineering.
- Ecotourism product
- A combination of resources, activities, and services, which are sold and managed through professional tour operators.
- Ecotourism resources
- Natural and cultural features that attract visitors, such as landscapes, endemic or rare flora and fauna, cultural festivals, and historical monuments.
- Ecotourism services
- Tourism services such as transportation, food, lodging, guiding and interpretation services which cause minimal damage to the biological and cultural environments and promote a better understanding of the natural and cultural history of an area.
- The level of species that occur naturally only in a specific region or site.
- Individuals who have a vested interest in development, including community members; environmental, social, and community NGOs; natural resource, planning, and government officials; hotel owners, tour operators, guides, transportation providers, and representatives from other related services in the private sector.
- Sustainable development
- Development that meets the needs and aspirations of the current generation without compromising the ability to meet those of future generations.
Source: The Ecotravel Center