Why LCA and Local Governments? Adoption of the LCA concept by firms and industry players has been slow, with little enthusiasm in understanding the links between production and manufacturing, and their impacts on the environment. Local governments have certain carrots and sticks that it can use; it is at the level that is closest to where firms and industry operate, and has an obligation to manage the micro and local environment on behalf of, and in partnership with, the citizens and communities.
The info sheets presented here are one page documents that briefly contextualizes the LCA concept within a city, focusing on local governments, and other local stakeholders.
Coming soon ...
- Why LCA and local governments?
- Life cycle thinking as a way of life ...
- LCA in the EMS toolbox
- LCA and consumption patterns
- Footprint analysis for LCA
- Carrots and sticks in LCA adoption
- The final God: Citizens
- Public-Private Partnerships and LCA